The internal tests, apart from the limited functionality of SkyDrive folders mounted as network drives already described at the list below, yielded some new limitations. Unfortunately, all limitations are implemented on the server side and we have absolutely no means to come around them or influence the service in any way.
So, we have recently decided to disable the module responsible for working with mounted drives by default. Starting from version 220.127.116.11, SDExplorer will not officially support and work with mounted SkyDrive disks. This decision enabled us to boost the performance of the key features of SDExplorer and will allow us to add many more useful features in the future.
However, if you do need to work with mounted disks and you find the performance acceptable, you can enable this functionality using the instructions below:
- Launch registry editor (regedit.exe)
- Find and go to the HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\SkyDriveExplorer key using left pane of the registry editor
- Find or create a new DWORD 32-bit parameter named EnableMapFolderFeature with the value 1
* - Note the following restrictions when working with mapped folders:
- SDExplorer does not mount your SkyDrive account in its entirety: each root folder is mounted as a separate disk.
- SDExplorer supports mounting only SkyDrive folders whose contents type is "Documents"
- Working with mounted disks is not fast.
- Most of the file formats (except MS Office files) are not supported by mapped drives.
- On some PCs files are not copied correctly from the mounted drive.
- Sometimes a mapped drive is available in ReadOnly mode.
- Some characters in filenames are converted by Microsoft's servers internally. For example, _ tranforms to ^_, & to ^0 etc.